Overcoming Life’s Challenges – Part 1 – Eugene May – 2022-09-17.
John 10:10 – “The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, I have come to give you life, and life more abundantly”.
If we are going to Overcome Life’s Challenges, we must start by getting our foundations laid properly (1 Corinthians 3).
Paul – I know how to live abased, and how to abound. But I know how to be content. Paul learned how to rest in the faithfulness of God.
- My name is written in the book of life – Philippians 4:3.
- Assurance / confidence in our salvation.
- You are “accepted in the beloved” – Ephesians 1:6.
- John 1:12 – We received Him, He accepted us.
- Learn how to “fail forward”.
2. Holy Spirit Baptism.
- Filled with the Holy Spirt.
3. Disciplined Mind.
- Godly thinking, not “stinkin’ thinkin’”.
- Philippians 4:8 – “… think on such things”.
- Worrying is negative meditation.
- We need to see the challenges as opportunities.
- 2 Timothy 1:6 – God has not given us a spirt of fear, but a spirit of power, love and a “sound mind” – The right to control our minds.
- Philippians 4:
- Is it true (or lies)?
- Is it noble (honest)?
- Is it just (righteous)?
- Is it pure?
- Is it lovely?
- Is it of good report?
- Is it virtuous?
- Is it praiseworthy?
- Guard our minds!
4. Our Speech.
- What comes out of us shows what is in us.
- We need to “Prayer-walk” and “Listen-Walk”.
- Rejoice in the Lord.
- Proverbs 12:14 – Man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth.
5. Power of God.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do ALL things through Christ.
- Jesus is coming to receive a victorious bride/church.