Eternal Truths To Respond To
1. I Must Realize One Thing:
- I must realize that I am a sinner, and that I can do nothing to save myself.
- “For all have sinned … the wages of sin is death”. (Romans 3:23; 6:23).
2. I Must Accept Two Things:
- I must accept that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and Lord.
- I must accept that Jesus Christ died, and was supernaturally raised from the dead, to pay the price for my sins.
- “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9).
3. I Must Do Three Things:
- I must repent of my sins. (Luke 13:3).
- I must ask forgiveness of God, for my sins. (1 John 1:9).
- I must give my life to Jesus Christ, and trust Him as my Lord and Saviour. (Colossians 2:6).
It’s As Simple As A-B-C-D!
A – Admit that I am a sinner, that there is nothing that I can do to save myself, and that Jesus is indeed my only hope for salvation.
- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6).
B – Believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and rose from the dead for my freedom.
- We believe that Jesus died and rose again … (1 Thessalonians 4:14).
C – Confess Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour, the new leader of my life.
- That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9).
D – Decide to give up control of my life, follow Jesus daily, and invite Him to teach me how to live and how to love.
- Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” (Matthew 16:24).
Sample Prayer To Become A Christian.
- Jesus, I realize now that I am lost without You, and that receiving You as my Lord and Saviour is the only way that I can experience forgiveness and freedom.
- Thank You for dying on the cross to save me from the penalty of sin, and rising from the dead so that I can be completely free.
- I choose to confess and put my trust in You as my Lord and Savior.
- I give my whole heart and my whole life to You.
- I ask for Your help so that I can do my best to follow You each and every day.
- In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!